Friday, February 20, 2015

Tired Veins

We all have scars from
mistakes that we've made.
You think that you’re numb
because you let yours fade,
pressed them under your thumb.
Didn’t work, I’m afraid.

You tell me it’s not,
but I watch your head spin.
You may shut the sun out,
but you have to let me in.
You are my only thought,
got you under my skin.

You told me you’re scarred.
I already knew.
You’re always on guard.
I am too.
But my blood pumps hard
in tired veins for you.

******************************************







"Cover up the sun. Let the river run. I pray the water come and wash me away. Color in the sky. Make that diesel fly. Oh, just lay me down to die and just take me away.” Counting Crows Cover Up the Sun

"My brother's blood boils in my arms. It balls my fingers into fists. It bubbles, blisters, burns my palms. It floods with fury, fights, and fits.” Kevin Devine My Brother’s Blood

No comments: