Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Just Say

You never said goodbye.
I never said all right;
It would have been a lie.
You hid just out of sight.
I know you’re always there.
You’re always keeping track,
without a word to share.
Bravery, you lack.
But if you were to walk
out from behind your shade,
subtract time from the clock,
recite promises we made,
I’d sweep all of the sorrow
away from your brow.
Love waits for tomorrow
if we tell it how.
I still see our moon,
though she now seems to hang low.
Just say you’ll be home soon.
That’s all I need to know.

**********************************








“Wait up for me. You’re where I want to be. Stop long enough to say goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.” The New Amsterdams Goodbye

“I miss you, I guess that I should. Three-thousand, five-hundred miles away, but what would you change if you could?” Counting Crows Raining in Baltimore

“Maybe tomorrow, I’ll find my way home.” Stereophonics Maybe Tomorrow

No comments: